Questions to Ask on Your Senior Living Tour
If you’re ready to start a new and exciting chapter in a senior living community, you probably have a few tours scheduled and a million questions running through your mind. It’s important to go into each senior living tour with a plan, so you can gather enough information to make a confident decision about your future home.
Look at this senior living tour checklist filled with questions to get you started and see why Summit Vista is a community unlike any other.
Table of Contents
Floor Plans and Residence Features
Floor plans and other details about residences are important to take into account when you’re on a senior living tour. Finding the right apartment home means you can enjoy a retirement-lifestyle in a comfortable space that suits your needs and matches your style.
Here are a few questions to ask about senior living floor plans during your tour:
- How many floor plans do you offer?
- What is the different pricing for different floor plan options?
- Are residences maintenance-free?
- Is there a full kitchen in each floor plan?
- Do the rooms have enough windows to let in natural light?
- What kind of security is provided?
- What appliances are included?
- What utilities are covered?
- Can residents personalize their space?
- What is your pet policy?
- Are guests allowed? What about overnight guests and children?
- Are housekeeping and laundry services included?
- Do you have apartment homes available now?
Summit Vista offers a variety of floor plans that perfectly blend comfort, convenience and style. For instance, the Wilmington floor plan features 1,588 square feet that include a full kitchen, washer and dryer, dining area, den, living area, master suite that boasts a master bath with double vanity and full- size tub, and a spacious second bedroom.
Services and Amenities
It’s important to find a community that offers services and amenities you’ll actually use. That way you’ll have abundant opportunities to engage in events, programs, and activities that match your interests, while also taking advantage of services that provide an extra level of convenience.
Ask these questions on your senior living tour to get more details about their services and amenities:
- Does the community offer amenities you’re looking for like a fitness center, pool and salon?
- What programs and activities are available, and how often do they occur?
- What kind of input do the residents have on the type of programs and entertainment offered?
- Is there a posted schedule of events and activities?
- Do residents seem eager to engage in activities and take advantage of community amenities?
- How does the community encourage residents to take part in events, programs and activities?
- How does the community encourage residents to lead an active lifestyle?
- Are their opportunities to interact with the surrounding community, like volunteering or scheduled outings?
- What kinds of transportation services do you provide?
- Are there spiritual services provided?
- What community services are considered extra? How are they billed?
You can enjoy resort-style living and timesaving services year-round at Summit Vista. Work on your golf swing on our private putting green, get your nails and hair done at the salon, unleash your creativity in the creative arts studio, and take advantage of convenient services like on- and off-site transportation, on-call medical care and home cleaning services.
Eating in a welcoming atmosphere and enjoying food you crave every day is essential to finding the right senior living community.
We recommend asking these questions to learn more details about dining:
- Was the service and food to your satisfaction?
- Is there a mix of healthy menu items and your favorite comfort foods?
- Does the dining environment encourage social engagement?
- How many meals are provided a day?
- Are there snacks available?
- Are dining hours flexible or do you have set times to eat?
- Can meals be tailored to meet specific needs or requests?
- Can residents bring meals back to their rooms?
- How often are menus changed?
- How are meals served?
- May I invite guests to dine with me?
At Summit Vista, our dining experience is more than simply eating a meal. It’s a lively social experience that allows residents to gather and enjoy great food in three inviting restaurants. Our personalized tours include a complimentary meal, so you can truly get a taste of what life is like at our senior living community in Salt Lake City, UT.
Feeling connected to the world around you is essential for a happy and healthy retirement. The best senior living communities strive to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere that’s vibrant, inviting and comfortable.
These are questions to ask yourself about the atmosphere of a community on your senior living tour:
- Do you like the location?
- Did you feel welcome, and could you imagine calling it home?
- Does it offer the vibrant social life and friendly neighbors you’re searching for?
- Would you be proud to live there?
- How do the staff members treat each other and residents?
- Was the community well staffed with an experienced, friendly and personable team?
- Did you find the décor in community gathering spaces attractive?
- Is the community easy to navigate?
- Was there convenient parking available?
- Are exterior and interior spaces well maintained?
- Did you notice any unappealing odors in the community?
Our senior living community is maintained inside and out with scrupulous attention to detail, and our friendly staff is dedicated to providing an environment where residents can always be themselves. Whether you’re enjoying time in our community garden, reading in the library, or simply on your way for a great meal in one of our three restaurants, you’ll always find smiling faces and feel like you belong.
Healthcare and Cost
Access to a continuum of health that evolves with your needs as you age at a price that works with your budget allows you to focus on enjoying your retirement, rather than worrying about future senior care. On-site higher levels of living like assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing ensure you always receive the care you need without having to move to another community.
Make sure to ask these questions about healthcare services and higher levels of living:
- What kind of medical professionals do you have on staff?
- What kind of health services are available?
- What if you need more care than what is provided in independent living?
- Is there a written plan of care for each resident?
- How do you coordinate health care services?
- Do you have transportation for doctor appointments?
- What emergencies are staff expected to handle, and how are they trained for them?
- What is the different pricing for different housing options?
- What are the billing and payment policies?
As Utah’s first Life Plan Community, we set the standard for senior living. We believe everyone deserves an incredible retirement-lifestyle and peace of mind knowing their health needs will be taken care of now and in the future. That’s why we make it our mission to provide resort-style living with a continuum of coordinated, integrated and comprehensive health and wellness services with a sensible financial model.
Discover the Retirement You’ve Always Imagined at Summit Vista
Life at Summit Vista will not only meet your needs, but exceed your expectations. To enjoy a gourmet lunch on us or attend one of upcoming events RSVP by calling 801-693-4023. For questions or more information about our Life Plan Community in Salt Lake City, UT, call our retirement counselors at 801-758-3138 or contact us online. We’re always happy to help!