Grilled Guacamole – The Cook’s Nook With Marcus Cordova
Who doesn’t love a bowl of fresh, creamy guacamole? Even as a kid, I remember being mesmerized by its delicious simplicity—especially when someone would make it tableside. Since then, I have seen and even tried dozens of variations on the classic snack. While nothing beats the traditional guacamole recipe, this fun twist definitely comes close. Give it a try and be sure to let me know what you think.
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 medium jalapeños
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Juice of 1 ½ limes
- ½ large red onion, chopped (about ó cup)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (seeds removed, optional)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
1. Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Halve avocados and remove pits. Place avocados cut side down on preheated grill, along with jalapeños and garlic. Cook until jalapeños and avocados are charred, and garlic feels soft. You may need to turn garlic and jalapeños occasionally.
2. Scoop grilled avocado into a large bowl. Peel garlic cloves and add to bowl. Add lime juice. Use a fork to coarsely mash ingredients together.
3. Remove stems from jalapeños and cut open. Scrape out seeds and remove any charred bits of skin. Mince peppers and add to bowl with avocado, along with tomato and cilantro. Season with salt and stir to combine.